Discover Your New Favourite! This is the most amazing lemon and garlic prawns that will leave you craving for more. This prawn recipe is one of my favourite prawn dishes because it is stunning, flavourable and absolutely delicious. Surprisingly, it contained only a few ingredients, which makes the cooking process easy and straightforward to follow.
Most people may find cooking seafood extremely challenging and pricey but there are so many simple and affordable recipes you can follow to incorporate seafood into your regular diet. Even though prawns can be slightly pricey, there are loads of affordable ingredients to choose from to complement the dish.
I prepare this dish occasionally and the result is always amazing! The required cooking time for this recipe is less than 10 minutes which makes it ideal for a starter dish. You can use extra virgin olive oil to cook the prawns but it tastes even better with butter because the butter will enhance the flavour of the prawns and it will also create a rich texture.
I must confess, I have been exploring more prawn recipes of late and I’m actually impressed with this one. You can serve this dish with bread rolls, ciabatta toast, or you can add it to a salad to make it even better and tastier. It would truly make your tastebuds grateful!
Lemon And Garlic Prawn Recipe
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 garlic cloves – chopped
12 large raw tail on prawns
1/2 small red onion – diced
1/2 yellow bell pepper – deseeded and chopped
1/2 fresh lemon juice – squeeze
2 spring onions – chopped
handful fresh parsley – chopped
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- salt to taste
- Prepare the ingredient: Chop the onions, peel and slice garlic, halved the lemon.
- Drizzle the olive oil in a frying pan then, add the chopped onions and garlic, stir-fry for 30 seconds then, add the prawns and sprinkle some salt.
- Turn the prawn over to cook the other side for 2 – 3 minutes or until cooked through.
- Add the yellow bell pepper, spring onions and chilli pepper and cook for 2 -3 minutes.
- Squeeze half the lemon juice into the prawns and continue cooking for 2 minutes.
- Add the parsley and cook for 30 seconds then, remove from the heat and serve.